I have learnt this recipe from Benedetta Parodi, she is my Italian cooking myth: lovely asparagus lasagna. You think that only lasagna with ragù is good, don't you? Try this! You can make it with seasonal or frozen asparagus, fresh eggs pasta sheets, and burrata, a kind of cheese (really flavorful, but very fat. It is made from mozzarella and cream; the outer is solid mozzarella, the inside contains stracciatella and cream), it is a delicious combination of tastes.It is a dish you should have on Sunday because it is quite rich in calories, but a small serving of it along with a generous side of green salad won't spoil your diet at all. If you live in the US, I am sure you will enjoy it because you are used to its taste.
- 500 gr Asparagus
- 4 or 5 Eggs
- 2 medium burrata (for a lighter lasagna you can use 300gr of mozzarella cheese)
- 50 gr Grated Pamigiano cheese
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Make yourself or buy the lasagna sheets.
- Boil some asparagus (fresh seasonal asparagus are the best, but if you don't have them, a couple of frozen asparagus will be enough) for a few minutes.
- Drain and chop them into small pieces. Stir fry the asparagus into a pan with little oil, a chopped shallot, salt, and pepper until they are golden, then stir in 50 gr of Parmigiano cheese and two creamy balls of mozzarella (use burrata for an even better result).
- Add some cooking water of the asparagus to have a soft texture. In a baking pan, layer with lasagna sheets and the sauce mixture. You will have four or five layers. Bake at 320°F for about 20 minutes. So tasty!
- Asparagus lasagna is your main course, so combine it with some fresh crispy salad you can dress with just little oil.