Peach Crostata with chocolate and amaretti cookies
Are you ready to fall in love with a delicious crostata? Here you are! It is easy, it perfectly combines unforgettable tastes. Take notes and add these ingredients to your shopping list.
For the shortcrust pastry:
- 100 gr Butter
- 2 Egg yolks
- 100 gr Sugar
- 200 gr Flour type 00
- 1 tsp Baking powder
For the stuffing
- 80 gr Amaretti cookies
- 50 gr Chocolate chips
- 500 gr Canned peaches
- Make the shortcrust pastry. Mix together egg yolks, sugar, softened butter, and add flour gradually. Dissolve the baking power in little milk and add it to the dough. Knead lightly to form a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Butter and flour a round baking tray, roll out the dough. Fill the pastry case with a round of baking paper, and add baking bean to weight it down. Pre-heat the oven at 180°C (356°F) and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven. Mix a generous amount of crushed amaretti with chocolate chips and lay the mixture onto the shortcrust pastry.
- Slice the canned peaches and save a little syrup. Top the crostata with the slices of peaches and drizzle with some syrup to keep the cake moist.
- Bake again at 160°C (320°F) in static oven for 10 minutes.
- Your crostata is ready. Go the extra mile: cover it with gelatin to make it brighter.