Master the art of batter preparation with this comprehensive tutorial. From basic batter ingredients to expert tips, learn the secrets to achieving the perfect consistency and flavor for a variety of dishes.
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 gr salt
- 250 ml sunflower oil
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 lemon
- Clean your cauliflower from the external leaves, then wash it under cold water.
- Using a small knife separate your cauliflower into a piece one inch big.
- In a medium bowl add your cauliflower, chopped parsley, salt olive oil, and lemon juice.
- You don’t need to chop the parsley very finely, it’s possible during your chopping to bruise the parsley and the taste will be very bitter.
- Mix evenly then cover with film your bowl and let your cauliflower marinate for at least 30 min.
- Add your marinated cauliflower in to the batter bowl, mix them gently and let them rest for 10/20 mins.
- Add your sunflower oil to a pan and set the temperature to 180 C or 360F using a food thermometer.
- 180 C is the perfect temperature to make your frying crispy. Frying at lower temperature increases the risk of making your cauliflower heavy and soggy.
- Frying your cauliflower until golden brown crispy croust.
- We suggest frying two to four pieces at a time to keep the oil temperature stable. Finish your dish with fresh lemon zest and salt flakes.
Batter preparation is only about temperature. The water has to be iced cold for the perfect result.
You can also use sparkling water, keep in mind that it has to be cold.
We add a couple of ice cubes to our water.
Take your time until the batter is silk and smooth.