If you’re in search of the perfect crispy side or a mouthwatering veggie appetizer, look no further than our incredible batter cauliflower recipe. This dish is not just a treat for your taste buds; it’s an invitation to gather your loved ones around the table. We promise, one bite is never enough.
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 gr salt
- 250 ml sunflower oil
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 lemon
- Clean your cauliflower from the external leaves, then wash it under cold water.
- Using a small knife separate your cauliflower into a piece one inch big.
- In a medium bowl add your cauliflower, chopped parsley, salt olive oil, and lemon juice.
- You don’t need to chop the parsley very finely, it’s possible during your chopping to bruise the parsley and the taste will be very bitter.
- Mix evenly then cover with film your bowl and let your cauliflower marinate for at least 30 min.
- Add your marinated cauliflower in to the batter bowl, mix them gently and let them rest for 10/20 mins.
- Add your sunflower oil to a pan and set the temperature to 180 C or 360F using a food thermometer.
- 180 C is the perfect temperature to make your frying crispy. Frying at lower temperature increases the risk of making your cauliflower heavy and soggy.
- Frying your cauliflower until golden brown crispy croust.
- We suggest frying two to four pieces at a time to keep the oil temperature stable. Finish your dish with fresh lemon zest and salt flakes.
TIPS for your batter cauliflower
Batter preparation is only about temperature. The water has to be iced cold for the perfect result.
We chose sunflower oil to fry our cauliflower. You can also choose a different oil. Just keep in mind that the more light the oil will be more light in taste your cauliflower will be. So we don’t suggest using olive oil for his intense flavor.
Don’t chop too finely your parsley or you will bruise it.
Resting is a very important part of the recipe, it helps to improve the flavor so don’t skip the resting part.
Using seasonal veggies is better in terms of flavor and, of course, is less expensive.
How to STORE
You can keep your crispy batter cauliflower in the fridge for 1/2 day. Remember to cover it with kitchen film to avoid humidity ruining your crispy batter.